View Single Post
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 18:16   #7
Nick Warwick

Hopefully going ti get the tyres/alloys checked this weekend to rule out weights or another buckle.

I did replace the top mounts for genuine volvo parts but i didn't replace the bearing (at the time i didn't realise it ran one) wish i had replaced them now as they do groan and creek some days.

Tried a few little tests today while driving to work. The vibration doesn't happen in 1st gear at all, this is with taking it up to 20mph in first and still nothing. As soon as you change to 2nd it could wobble but other times it wouldn't.
2nd and 3rd gear seem to be the only gears it will wobble in, sometimes it won't wobble and i can only put this down to very light and even throttle pedal pressure and not flooring it. This does seem to make a difference in how i change gear. More often than not if i change into gear hard it will wobble and this is the same if i accelerate hard.
Also tried to mimic clutch slip/crap clutch control to bring the revs up quite a bit during a gear change but didn't see much difference.

This really does make me think engine/torque mount is at fault. Worst case its the DMF but no bad noises so looks unlikely.

Thanks
Nick
Nick Warwick is offline   Reply With Quote