View Single Post
Old Mar 25th, 2019, 20:33   #13
ShamusUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitvar View Post
May not help the OP too much - but we have the sublime BMW 8 speed in a F10 5 series and then the 6 speed in a D5 XC60 AWD and whilst the BMW box is the best auto I've ever driven (never hunts - unlike say the new £60k Touareg box which is shocking) I don't mind the XC60 at all - its still fairly smooth and doesn't half motor if you put your foot down.
Same here. I've come from the brilliant ZF 8 speed box in a F30 BMW 3 Series. Super smooth and a really nice joystick-type electronic gear-shifter. I do miss that gear shifter, but apart from that the Volvo 6 speed is just as nice in everyday use.

There is a downhill left turn when you slow down, and take a left at some lights (Queens Road, Bradford). My Volvo used to 'clunk' into 2nd gear every single time I used this turn (every day). I got used to it and thought, oh well it's a 6 speed. It did it every single time, but I accepted it.

I got my car serviced earlier in the week at Volvo. Guess what? The car no longer clunks on that left turn. I assume the gearbox software was updated during the service?

Anyway, that was my only slight annoyance with the 6 speed box. And that has been rectified now. So, happy days
ex: 2016 Volvo D3 SE Lux Nav Auto
ex: 2013 BMW 320i Luxury Auto

Last edited by ShamusUK; Mar 25th, 2019 at 20:36.
ShamusUK is offline   Reply With Quote