View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 11:32   #21
skyship007
Premier Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpliddy View Post
hi
i have been using millers diesel clean power plus for the last 10 years but with morrisons fuel . I've done 217000 miles now just had the injectors changed all 6
this engine is not the most economical as a lot of you will know but its very reliable for me and the 940 estate is ideal for my job as a carpenter .
i get millers diesel clean in 5 litres and put in 20mls to 60 litres fuel .
i did try shell fuel but i could not get a real increase in fuel economy .
but I've always used the same additive
What was the issue with the injectors ?? If you used a good fuel additive (Most products from Millers are good) it's unlikely to have been caused by gum deposits (Half of all injectors sent to a Bosch service center are just gummed up and could have been cleaned with a direct feed cleaner or even in-tank fuel additive).
The half life of a Bosch injector in set terms is about 300K miles, so if the tips were reported as blown it might have been caused by non Volvo fuel filters, or bad luck.
If you do the occasional UOA (Used Oil Analysis) it's easy to see if the injectors start to gum up, as the fuel contamination figure should be zero during the summer, with a potential trace only during the winter. Doing that once a year saves on the cost of using a fuel additive.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skyship007 For This Useful Post: