View Single Post
Old Apr 24th, 2016, 10:17   #7
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I have to agree with you Classic sir. 'tis why I nearly came a'knockin' on your door. Excepting, the issue won't be the isntall position or method, but getting the tanks the right sizes and at cost that makes it viable in the first... I have a pile of CNG tanks, (like my CNG Volvo bits, collected over the last 3-4 years) but none would be fitted where you'd have them shoved. I don't suppose he's looked to see what CNG cylinders cost. They're not like the glorified aerosol cans used for LPG. The Forklift & Icerink indsutry uses CNG, 'tis where I've been getting in-date cylinders at reasonable prices.

Type 1 are dear enough. I kid not, you could buy a house in soem parts of this country for the price of decent-sized Type 3! And tehn jsut when you think you're done, they expire...
So, he'll need a more oblique approach.

That aside, interesting that regs and thus you are not happy with Volvo's own install. Because these things take up so much room, without side-exit up front like old Landrovers, I don't see how you'd ever get an exhaust system away from them with all that much to spare.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Apr 24th, 2016 at 10:44.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote