Thread: Posters & Signs
View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 16:34   #5
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I've been meaning to add to this thread for a week now but have been too busy.

Large signs.... They tend to be pretty rare and are not cheap. I have kept my eyes open for them for many years. My two biggest regrets in terms of Volvo stuff are two signs I didn't buy. The first was a sign at an IPD swap meet in the mid-90's. It was single sided panel to be back lit, about 3' wide x4' tall and had the Iron Symbol and said 'VOLVO' below. It was like $200 but I was student at university at the time and living on like $400 a month so there was no way it was happening. The other one was like 3' tall and 8' long, hard plastic with the letters bubbled out. Blue VOLVO on a white background. It was for sale for $300 on ebay but with crating and shipping it would have cost me about $700 more to get it to my house. That was only about 4 years ago.

Attached are some photos of my shop. I have collected a few other large signs over the years. Two of the 'service' signs are double faced, enamel on steel. All the 'service' signs are about 3'x4'. I try not to think about my shipping costs (these have come from Canada, South America, Australia and I have driven 3 hours each way to pick one up). The first one show a set of letters that I have not build a frame for. I want to mount these in a vertical row and back light them like they were when they came off the side of the dealership in the mid-70's.

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2167.JPG (50.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3706[1].JPG (58.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3708[1].JPG (50.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3709[1].JPG (66.7 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by agent_strangelove; Feb 2nd, 2012 at 16:38.
agent_strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to agent_strangelove For This Useful Post: