View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 18:38   #22
Alec Dawe
Former Support Team

I had fronted up to the BKV just to meet some of the people I had been talking to on here, to look at other cars, pick up advice, and perhaps buy to odd part, so my 240 was just in the condition its in every day, or at least every weekend after its Friday wash, and I had no intention of entering it into any class at all, what with the vandalism dents on the bonnet, roof rack marks on the roof, and the 'key score' down the drivers side, but was persuaded to enter the 240 class by the officials on the gate.
I would have prepared a better history sheet, not that we know too much about the car's history, instead of the hand scrawled sheet, and I knew that I had no chance at all of winning, but what the heck, its another Volvo for people to look at, comment on (mostly favourably), photograph, etc.
Had a great day, met lotsa nice people, got lots of good information, bought a couple of Volvo oil filters cheap, won the raffle!!!!
Good Day Out, and yes, I'll enter the BKV at any rally I manage to get to I think. Next time in the Working Vehicle class, once I can prove mileages.
And yes, I think that anyone should enter now, although I was very dubious when I arrived.
Like most, my car is for driving, I don't have the time nor money to indulge in the polishing the engine mounts standard of preparation, so I'm, never going to have a BKV winner, but is it a show, and no one told me off for entering, and I had fun, so I'm going for it again.

(Does any of this make any sense to anyone???)