View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 16:50   #9
EWAC
too long to remember

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRB View Post
EWAC wonder if you can help. Have a 2.4 V60 and looking at buying polestar 2lt but some numpty of a design engineer has removed the roof rails and hence negated some of the ethos and utility of what is a brilliant sport estate. As my wife is disabled we need to carry roof loads on long journeys/holidays and I cannot see roof rails affecting real life performance. The only solution seems to be a retrograde 60's type solution where the grips clamp onto the paintwork and distort the door seals as well as offering restricted anchor positions to those offered by rails. Any experience of roof rails on polestars or these ancient design clamps. The absence of rails seems to restrict much of the potential of the Polestar as an everyday car for skiing sail boarding etc.
I can safely say I am not aware of anyone that fitted roof rails on a polestar.
You Volvo roof rack sits in the gutter and clamps around the roof. I have one and can supply you some pictures if you want to email me (see signature).
Thule also does a rack which sits in the gutter.
If the roof rails are a MUST, then you should be able to fit them as an accessory.
If you need any help/tips when buying, drop me an email and I can give you pointers.

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote