View Single Post
Old Jul 22nd, 2019, 12:32   #22
Peter 62
Master Member

UPDATE

Now fixed. No more 'waggling'.

Thanks again to all forum contributors and a special thanks once again to Simon for his priceless vidoes.

Bought part, SX400, T60 bit and 21mm spanner (must have one somewhere, but couldn't find it.

My variations to Simons video.

T60 on the end of 3ft breaker bar. Insert with the bar right back as far as it will go in engine bay. Release belt and let the bar go back where it sits at back of engine bay with a small amount of tension left holding it there.

First attempt was to lock off the 12mm on the A/C bolt at the front of the bay with a piece of 1/4" thick steel to protect the same. Small length of hardwood and club hammer hitting the open end of the 21mm. 3 hits. No joy.

Considered grinding the open end of the spanner so that it would fit into a scaffold tube, but based on what Simon did. thought I'd try similar to what he did first. As the breaker bar was still in place I locked the 21mm back against the T60 socket holder. Piece of 3' square section tube that often comes in handy onto the 12mm and push. I fully expected to break the spanner, but no. All good :-)

2004 V70 Facelift, Auto Silver
Peter 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter 62 For This Useful Post: