Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 15:52   #1608
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Alan has presented 99% of what i was going to argue in favour of the Dolomite John but you make a bigger point - all our cars are now made by foreign countries. With the exception of small-volume manufacturers such as TVR, all mass produced cars are nw from different countries.

I don't recall the challenge about Bosch but if it was something long the lines of they've lost their way on quality and are trading purely on their previous good name, i definitely stand by it but i have to agree, almost every manufacturer is still doing exactly the same. I'm not sure that there aren't any really bad cars any more, i still think there are - the situation as i see it is there are no really good cars now so there's nothing to compare the bad ones to, they are all mediocre with little or no character.
Morgan is still an interesting concept Dave, if I had a spare £90,000 I'd probably get one.

I think it was Mr Honda that said (paraphrasing) that one day there would only be 5 car manufacturers in the world, but one of them would be Morgan :-)

Alan
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: