View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 14:59   #4
Auldgit
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM955I View Post
What with all the flooding we've had I've been thinking a lot about wading depth as I've had to go through some fairly deep flooded roads: obviously the penalty for getting it wrong is massive due to hydraulic lock but I've used common sense and the proper technique of going slowly but fast enough to create a bow-wave (I've seen some right idiots go hammering into water far too fast).

I was just curious about other people's experiences of 'fording'/'wading' and whether there is actually a specified wading depth for different vehicles other than the XC range which have one quoted.

Luckily my 2005 V70 2.4 petrol has the air intake up high, behind the grille underneath the slam panel...but still worried that there should be other factors to consider when assessing whether to wade through or not and I'm always slightly worried about pushing my luck!
As a matter of interest where would I find the "wading depth" for my XC70?? Been through some pretty deep water recently.

Also. cautionary tale, pal of mine drowned his A4 petrol in 12" of water, sucked water in, motor u/s, car write-off, and to add insult to injury the AA wouldn't come out to him 'cos it was "his own fault" !!! The "fourth emergency service" - don't believe it....... AG

Last edited by Auldgit; Nov 26th, 2012 at 14:59. Reason: missed words
Auldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Auldgit For This Useful Post: