View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 17:23   #20
Yobbo
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Wait, whaa?
What to you mean by that? Shutter will work regardless of bulb source type. Only think shutter does is cut 50% of beam and realease it fully when activated. You wire it to high beam bulbs and you ultimately have dual high beam application.

also - I have to ask - why D2S version if you decided to do with odd aftermarket D2S LEDs anyway? Whole point of using D2S of projectors is to use good branded D2s bulbs, like Osram Xenarc etc, otherwise you can use H7 version as bulbs are aftermarket/crappier anyway and you can swap to halogen in no time. Not really following the logic here, please elaborate!
HAHA! Okay so "logic" as follows...

rtxian remarked about not having enough diffusion/scatter above the cut off, so hence I though well just wire it in to the sidelights perhaps then the shutter will always be down and he'll get the diffusion.
Also I find that my high beam is quite possibly TOO bright when approaching signs haha...
My rationale for getting the D2S fitment projectors was really just based on not having another choice on Ali Express! But they were about £45 after discounts so I though well I might as well just get some LED bulbs while I'm at it as I don't want the possible problems associated with aftermarket Xenon WM/CEM failures.

Last edited by Yobbo; Feb 18th, 2019 at 17:29.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote