View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:45   #26
chow
I've Been Banned

Ah the 343, now your talking ,i well remember my old man buying one of these lemons (despite fierce oppostion from his two sons who of course knew even at a early age far more about cars than the old duffer did and desperatly wanted to been seen in a golf and not some naff volvo far more suited to shuffling some old blue rinse coffin dodger about) anyway the old boy buys one, safety, good solid swedish engineering blah blah, sadly however after a year of mechanical mayhem it dawned on him that this franco /dutch lash up masquerading as a volvo was indeed a pile of pooh and he flogged it,(tried to warn yer dad) and joy of joys bought a golf (however we couldnt push him far enough to get the coverted GTI badge sadly), anyway we were all happy, me and our kid could be happily transported about without the ever present risk of a apocalyptic event befalling us such as schoolmates/ friends actually seeing us in said lemon (or far more likely pushing the bloody thing.), and the old man was happy, he had a car now that actually started in the morning, didnt constantly disassemble itself whilst moving and he could actually turn the steering wheel without rupturing major muscle groups in his back and shoulders, the good old 300 series, a true classic, not.

Last edited by chow; Oct 27th, 2008 at 11:58.