View Single Post
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 19:18   #16
scooters

you know about 12 months ago this forum was closed becase there was a minority of people who couldn't express themselves in a civilised way. It was a shame because lots of us use this forum as a technical resourse and we didn't have access to it because of it.

chow, you are of course entitled to your opinion but why be discourteous to mine?

The Daf is an important chapter in the development of the 300 and volvo in general and many owners club members here have CVT transmission on their 300's which was pioneered by Daf - indeed the 300 was a development of the Daf where as the Volvo 66 was a Daf 66 with a volvo badge.

The reason why I posted the link was for the interest of these members. As to wether or not the car is a classic - that depends on what your interpretation of a 'classic; is. The fact is it was an important early example of a now increasingly common transmission system and part of Volvo's heritage. Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond to you as you clearly have made up your mind on the issue and seem very keen to tell us all about it - several times, ad nausea.....

Last edited by scooters; Oct 26th, 2008 at 19:26.