View Single Post
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 14:04   #1
2011dandd

Default Rear Trailing arm night mare, man on the edge

Hi guys, now I have calmed down and taken some time to think a bit more clearly, I have come here to ask for advice and to let off a bit of steam.

So took delivery of some heavy duty springs and both the front and rear bushings for the rear trailing arms.

Started of great, all came apart better than I expected, I got the old bushings out no problem, drill, recip saw, blow torch cold chisel Tried and tested. My issue is getting the new all fitted. Blumming heck it has nearly broken me nothing I have tried is working, The threaded bar i bought to make a tool to press the bushings in might as well be made of chocolate. I have broken two heavy duty vices. Reall had a bad.

I have bought some fine threaded high tensile replacement threaded rod and some heavy gauge big sized washers to have another bash at it. I can’t be beat, the trailing arms are I have are fine, so buying new with bush already in or buying a home press are expensive last resorts.

I white wheeled all old crap of surfaces, can anyone at all give any other further advice or tips on how to do this, or suppliers of actual proper threaded rod with actual metal still in ???

Please help
2011dandd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2011dandd For This Useful Post: