View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2016, 01:45   #12
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Agreed, the 170 has more power up the rev range, but not much real advantage at under 65-70, so where it comes into it's own you're into 9 points and rising territory. I run a Bifuel and have less power still, on gas as against petrol I lose 5bhp and a bit of torque, more would be nice, but I'll not cry.

I really would not get hung-up on a 170, the turbo versions are where the low down grunt is. The shiny one in a dealer, I'd leave alone. Feeding vanity or the dealer, it'll have exactly the same issues, as a car at half the price, but with less room in you budget to sort them. In fact unsorted but shiny, I gaurantee it'll not do in hte long-game.
Put yoru money into doing the cambelt, PCV, heater-core, pollen-filter, oil, filters, ETM, flush the brake fluid, fresh ATF etc etc - unless of course the dealer is really doing all that, and I have £1000 says he isn't. Because if he is, you've a car good for another 100,000

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Dec 4th, 2016 at 01:52.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote