Thread: V50 Wheels/Tyres : - Where to get wheel nuts
View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2016, 21:06   #15
Jazzflask

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Chris View Post
Okay, just been out to garage. Good news is I still have them. Bad news is I only have 10!. However, all 10 are in good condition and looking back I think I probably threw away any that were slightly minced.

Reason I changed is that I run steel wheels with winter tyres through winter. These looked odd with the fancy alloy sleeved nuts and so I bought plain steel nuts. Didn't take me long to realise these are far more solid and don't run the risk of rounding off. Took me even less time to work out I could use them with the alloys in summer, finished off with some silver caps as widely available on EBay.

If interested, PM me your address and I' all post the 10 out to you. Happy for you to PayPal me the cost of postage once you've received. Guessing this would be £4 or less?

Also, final tip, always use a hex head socket (i.e. 6 point) rather than multipoint on the alloy sleeved nuts. Far less likely to round off.
I never even thought of putting steel nuts with caps on. Would these be the same ones the fit?

http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/1883912

I am definitely interested in your offer but the steel nut option might be better as the reasons you said?
Jazzflask is offline   Reply With Quote