Thread: Amazon: - Damaged JFUR4 distributor
View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 10:38   #7
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

HRA;

Thanks for update and additional info. I'll see if I have CA graph for 077 config. Pink(g)ing can also be caused by carbon deposits in Combustion Chamber increasing Comp Ratio to the point of compression ignition, or glowing hotspots (if you have access to a bore-scope camera to have a look in a spark plug hole to confirm)...you might need to decarbon Comb Ch.

Again, it's great that you sussed out and were able to sort the root cause...I think the spring-mount failure is quite rare, and if you are mechanically happy with the repair, I don't think it's necessary to consider replacing the Distrib. I understand about pix...too bad, but please think of it next time you have Distrib apart.

The glass spark plug (Gunson's?) is OK for setting mixture...the trouble is (and I tend to always point this out, because it is so important) checking and setting it at idle is only marginally useful, because at idle, engine is not under load (and not pink(g)ing!)...to be of any real value, mixture ideally needs to be checked under load/road conditions or on a dyne, where it is pink(g)ing, but that is a significant increase in cost/complexity...

Cheers
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote