View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 14:23   #2
Foringo

Default Another windscreen problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Today I have had to have the windscreen replaced on my July 2009 XC60 due to bonding failure along the top of the windscreen. It started to become apparent that there was a problem over the last few days with a sustantial water leak on the drivers side of the screen.
The car had to go to a windscreen company to be rectified, unfortunately the original screen cracked during removal, which is not unusual so a new screen was fitted. The fitter said that this was the second XC60 he had with the same problem, which he said was due to a poor primer when the car was built. In fact mine was so bad you could push the top of the screen out about 1/4 inch from inside the car.
As I have had the car since new and know it has not been mistreated this is not really what I would expect from a car not yet three and a half years old, which is a shame as I love the car
I've just noticed a wet patch on the carpet on front passenger side, so I'm wondering if I have the same problem. I'll spray some water on it to see if I can identify the source. If it's a failure of the windscreen bonding and needs to be redone are Volvo likely to pick up the cost as my warranty expired in Oct?
Foringo is offline   Reply With Quote