View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2016, 23:53   #6
Stumo

Smile

I'll PM you later with details - Id be more than happy to box up any bits you need and send to the Mother land (you can have the whole fookin lot- no good here). However the back of the filler has been unceremoniously cut and filled with sealant. Ill patch the inside of the filler...

I did as you said- cobbled together larger bore hoses and a couple of copper 90 plumbers brazing bends to stop any kinks. Works like (better than) new.

The answer to the question - "where is the second hose from the catch can to the port under the spark plug cover" is there is no second hose on a 10v engine. Only a single outlet on the oil trap.

What an arse removing the manifold with all those gas hoses, I removed the injectors and replaced them with M10 1mm pitch bolts with ends ground to match the profile of the intake , refitting was a breeze with no octopus of gas hoses to wrestle with, and continued to remove all the gas components and bracket ( I looped the water hose back into the tee that did run to the BSGT (big shiny gas thing).
Started car and it ran like a dream - will track down wiring to water temp sender after my cuppa, to see if I can have a water temp indication on dash.