View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2019, 00:37   #192
tonys1966

Default xc70

bought my xc70 d5 2011[186k] a month or so ago and have been catching up on service items-so tbh not so much today-but over the last 4-5 weeks as well as using it as daily doggie transport

new cambelt,tensioner.roller[gen volvo] belt had been on scince 60k or so...belt/tensionr/roller looked/felt like they would have done the same again

also[perhaps more importantly on one of these] the aux belt and tensioner-again volvo parts]tensioner was ok,belt was badly split-left the a/c belt as it was an obvious recent replacement total for all the belts-volvo parts about £170

front and rear pads were changed with cheap pattern parts,caliper slides and bodies cleaned while there was £13 for rear pads and £8.50 for fronts to fit the huge discs on this ex police car

a nice fresh sump full of oil and a filter was thrown in ,along with a new undertray and bolts[quality pattern item about £55]

a fair bit of labour over a short ownership term,but its done now

previous private owner[first one after the police ] had just had 2 rear springs and shocks fitted along ith set of quality all weather tyres

will be intresting to see how the old battleship gets on,i tend not to keep my cars very long but this is real comfy,with plenty room for my dogs too
tonys1966 is offline   Reply With Quote