View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 03:51   #3
maxijazz

Hi Paul,

I was in exactly your position about 3 weeks ago. I did loads of reading up, and had three makes in mind. The Land Rover Disco 3 but this would have needed to be 120k miles to be the right price. The Merc ML270, I felt this is now a bit dated, and the XC90.

I test drove one at a local garage to get a feel for the car and have a good look at it, then used the t'internet to find the best deal.

I got one on the 2nd Jan on an 2004 D5 SE with DVDs and 78k miles for a couple of hundred quid less than you quoted. Amitedly it didn't have tinted windows but you can't have everything all of the time.

The kids (9,7 & 1) love it they don't have to be squished together, they can bring friends with them. I don't really know how we lasted so long without one!!

I'm really pleased with mine, I think we made the best choice, although there are some scare stories out there, it is the same for just about every car on the market today.

If you have arrived at the point of posting on a forum about it, you've already arrived at the point of writing the cheque.
Take your time and find a good one, and don't be scared to travel a bit, I had to drive 2 hours each way to get mine, just think of it as a getting to know you drive home!!

Good Luck
Ric
maxijazz is offline   Reply With Quote