View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 03:02   #5
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybuttery View Post
Sorry i am still looking but london is to far for me to travel. thanks anyway.
Barry, you can get a train to London from Manchester Piccadilly for around £40. If you end up on a Pendolino you'll be at London Euston two hours later.

I know this because I bought a 460 Turbo from a bloke in Richmond yesterday. All in the train (with two connections) cost me £36 inclusive of booking fee. The car made it back to South Manchester on £30-worth of fuel - and that's at SW London prices. Virgin Trains or trainline.co.uk are the best places to search for rail tickets. I didn't even book in advance - I booked them online on Friday night at about 11PM.

It's do-able and cost effective, as I suspect you'll have to down South to get a 400 Series that matches your criteria. I haven't seen a 440 in my neck of the woods (Sale \ Altrincham) for years - although there is a white 460 Auto in regular use locally. I think the bloke has had it since new. I can ask him if it's for sale if you like.

480s are fairly common near me. I'm not sure what part of Manchester you hail from. There's a two tone 2 litre that lives somewhere in Didsbury \ Chorlton, an immaculate red Turbo in Stockport and a really scabby GT around the Northern Quarter. My ES now lives in Bolton. I want the wheels back for my 460 Turbo.

Have some pictures consisting of various 480s.

My 480ES outside the Adelphi building at Uni, before I sold it.

My 480ES shortly before being sold.

The 46k 480S I scrapped because no-one wanted it, spares or otherwise.

The minter - than - mint Turbo I spotted in Stockport ruined by the Halfords alloys.

The two tone 2 Litre that came hammering past me on the A5103.

The rough GT papped in the Northern Quarter.