View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 10:53   #30
Lonewolf

Volvos are fairly rare down in oz, where i live there is 1 740, a few 200 series (maybe 4-6), i had the only 360 GLT, and that is the volvo community at my town, though there are now another 3 360's in town, driven by the elder community.
When the exhaust recycling valve thingy died i was gonna get replacement piping, so i went to the local volvo dealer/parts supplier and asked about the pipe, It was the first and last time i ever dealt with them, when i said "360 GLT" i got a funny look, before being told that there was no listing on the car, so yeah, they're pretty rare down here.

Been busy making a shopping list since i saw the ad, It's amazing the amount of info there is on car mods when you go looking for them, and i worked out how water injection works (^_^). I dont want to waste any $$$ on trikkin up this engine as i am gonna save it for a better one worth working on, so have limited myself to upgrades to non intake-engine-exhaust areas, unless i could do such things on my own easily for little/no cost. That said i did my first car mod.

You know the small air box in front of the air filter, that directs hot air from engine bay as well as normal air, well, i made it stick to open, cause the car is an oven. 9am-7pm anyway from the heat wave we're starting to get, It must have been stuck on hot air or dead thermostat or something, cause there was a noted improvement straight away when i took it for a run afterwards, and car was running ever so slightly cooler.