View Single Post
Old Nov 9th, 2018, 17:31   #5
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterjohnbull View Post
I wasn't really thinking it would be much more than a bit more permanent than wax (which I currently use). Whilst there are claims of these sealant thingys magically repairing your paintwork (etc) I imagine these are marketing nonsense!

They can be used on chrome too, which I avoid waxing.

I am interested in claims that water doesn't stick to the windscreen (really pity anyone that had to rely on my windscreen wipers - really poor). I use Rain-X (mainly the little bottle, rather than the spray) which is OK. I tried a theoretically better offering which I got from Frosts, but didn't find it any better.
I don't get the impression in the general sense that "sealant" is going to last much longer. Most modern "Nano Technology" products I've tried have failed to out last the effects of decent wax - I'm kind of in grumpy old man mode and guess the other modern sealant isn't going to be much different. (Despite the terminology)

#####

Rain-X

Yeah well - I've had similar experiences.

Perversely the best tip I got from youtube was to clean the glass really well and then wax the glass with decent wax. This lasts at least three times longer than Rain-X in my experience.

I also wax chrome - I see no reason why not - it also beads water really pleasurably when it rains
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Army For This Useful Post: