View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 07:00   #1135
Danjwilko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainBrighton View Post
You had an amazing deal ! Did you say the Vredestein have the three peaks symbol and as such are winter legal on the Continent ? I thought they were not which I discounted them.

Also good to hear that Blackcircles have honoured the deal but to be honest, I have ordered several sets of tyres through them in the last couple of years and always found them spot on !

Wonder what your experience is now you have them for a bit ?
Honestly I couldn't believe it when I saw the price, I'd been searching through numerous sites and comparing tyre ratings reviews and prices for a few weeks.
I can confirm they are 3 peak certified and an all weather tyres not just a all season. I believe they were the first all season tyre this I will double check.

I had Michelin latitude 3s on prior to these they wore out in less than a year, and around 8000 miles were almost down to the min mark on all 4 I've since some about 5000 miles and wear is even across all corners still 7mm of tread pretty sure they came with 7.4 (Il find the figures out as I did write them down somewhere haha) so .4 of mm in 5000 miles isn't shabby considering my commute is all back roads and some a roads no motorways.

They're a lot quieter than the Michelin's and the ride is softer they seem to take a lot more bumps where as the ride was harsher with the Michelin's.

Braking and handling wise I've not lost grip in the recent frost's or in the mud with all the rain we've had. However I do drive to the road conditions not on the limit.

All in all I'm seriously impressed with them. Especially when you can't even get a budget set for what I payed for them, I was just lucky. Some have mentioned droning noise from the tyres I do not get any noise at all so if you do get them and they make noise take them back.

Last edited by Danjwilko; Feb 23rd, 2020 at 07:04.
Danjwilko is offline   Reply With Quote