View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 10:40   #18
eugeneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull06 View Post
Could be a win-win if you go with the finance

You get the servicing included. Dealer gets the finder’s fee for the finance. All parties happy.

Yes you have to check very carefully the terms and conditions on the early settlement fees if any. But I have done precisely what you are saying in the past and it has worked very well for me indeed.

The other positive about buying on finance is you have additional protections should, worst case, the car be a dud.

Happened with my last car and frankly the only reason in the end that Volvo played ball was because the Ombudsman got involved. Without them I would probably still be in court now…
Sound advice, thank you!

I've asked for the price to be reduced as this is what I've always been saying from the beginning to them that my price ceiling is very particular and I can't go above it. He said he'd talk to his boss and would see what they can do.

P.S. Not even sure if I'd get accepted, as I've been "screwed over" by O2 recently. Long story short, I've taken out a contract with them after some persuasion by Virgin Media, cancelled the next day having realised the deal wasn't very good. Even though I've been assured all was indeed cancelled, in reality it wasn't and now my credit history has been affected negatively since I have a missed payment and an account in default.... O2 did apologise and said they would raise an amendment request and have the credit history corrected but that will take 30 working days
eugeneville is offline   Reply With Quote