Thread: Brighter lights
View Single Post
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 00:15   #1
MarkWilson

Default Brighter lights

My XC60 R-Design (MY16) has the "normal" (halogen?) headlights? Previously I've bought cars with Bi-Xenon (projector?) lights but the XC60 was ex-demo so I didn't get to choose my toys.

I've been searching these forums for options for upgrading the headlights (I live in the sticks and find them a bit dim) but I have to admit to being a bit confused by the terms being thrown around - H7 bulbs, HID conversions, etc.

Is there a simple way to change the bulbs in my XC60 for something brighter (I saw this article linked elsewhere https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/access...bs-to-buy-2018 but I was also a bit scared by some threads that suggest everything from MOT failure, error messages, to overloading the electrics and causing a fire!) or is it as the Volvo dealer told me - a 4 figure upgrade to some new lights (i.e. not economically viable). Also, would this void my (extended) warranty?

I am technical but only in the computer sense... I'm no electrician when it comes to cars...

TIA, Mark

Last edited by MarkWilson; Oct 23rd, 2018 at 00:25. Reason: Added more information
MarkWilson is offline   Reply With Quote