View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 17:46   #10
shakester

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakester View Post
Got the car back from Swedish car clinic, Gear box fluid change and new filter now runs better than before. Suspension knock and prop shaft noise gone, turned out to be the exhaust knocking and rubbing. I had changed the rear exhaust mount as the original mount on the exhaust had rusted off and the new after market mount had pulled it out of alignment !!.

Wilssp2009, when i purchased mine the gearbox had been reconditioned with pats from US, work was carried out by a place in Kent. Its still going strong and fingers crossed it will keep going.
Well that was a stupid comment to make!!! gearbox has packed in today. Pulled out of a junction, loud band, high revs, no drive. Drive come back but was on a steep hill and didn't last long. Did have manual and reverse to limp home but now seems to be stuck in third.

Not sure if ill replace it if it's a complete gearbox job. Just spent the weekend replacing third row seat belt, two new tyres front disks and pads. Might be for sale soon spares or repair depending what the diagnosis is
shakester is offline   Reply With Quote