View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 08:56   #1
Clogs
Clogs

Default Good News... MoT pass with advisories

I've owned my 1999 T5 V70 for 9 years. It had 96,000 miles in 2012, cost £1,850, and now has 176,500 miles. So far I've spent £13,500 excluding tyres (another £2,000) on repairs and maintenance, which is £1,500 p.a. which isn't bad considering any newer car will be losing much more than this every year in depreciation alone. A lot of bits have been replaced so everything that should work, does work properly.

Up until yesterday, it has failed its MoT seven times and passed just once in 2015 without a previous fail.

Yesterday surprisingly it passed with a long list of advisories... it always has passes after the bit that failed is fixed, along with advisories. Due to low usage and standing in the open this year, the brake discs are "worn, pitted or scored but not seriously weakened". Other stuff is just old age - suspension arm bushes worn, rear bumper a bit loose and springs slightly corroded.

It'll soldier on until its next service in the summer. I was expecting another fail, because last year's advisories haven't been fixed (worn suspension arm bushes). Oddly enough the oil leak advisory mentioned from 2015 to 2019 has disappeared without any work being done to address this alleged problem!
Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote