View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 19:58   #22
philrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
Phil youres should be the 115 bhp turbo,it's a year older than mine and I have the 115 bhp,and remapping a diesel for power makes no difference really,it would on a petrol my business partner had his diesel vw t5 van done and it was just slightly more lively that's all or it felt slightly more lively,I find the s40 very good in the mid range 3rd gear upwards and they pull like trains.
Im pretty sure its the 102, as that is what it comes up with when i put the reg in on comparison sites. They made a 102bhp and 115bhp model of the S40's in 2002/2003, but i think the V40's only had 115bhp models (from an old sales book i read).

With diesels you can 2 remaps, and eco one and power one, plus its different on all cars, some get less gains than others. Mine would get a 20% gain on the eco one, which would make quite a difference, and up to 15% more economy, but more like 5-10%, still, thats an extra 5mpgish on motorway driving. Would probably be worse in town, but thats because of the grin factor!

Previous Volvos: Volvo S40 1.9d

philrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to philrocks For This Useful Post: