View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2015, 00:21   #7
Rossmck

Default Bedankt voor alles.

Massively useful input folks many thanks, much to chew on given that no dealers/media over here (FR/BEL) have yet to get their hands on a D4 FWD. First are expected end Nov when the new price lists (9 Nov) will be fully established. I've got my price locked in until next week thankfully.

My takeaways: the D4 and D5 engines seem significantly different enough that they should be considered in isolation. Volvo Polestar safest bet but not worth it. I've an enquiry in with DTUK to seek their view on an inline tuner kit, but I am skeptical of any significant performance gain (if any on acceleration), given Polestar stats (I hit their websites).

At the end of the day as Schnorbitz alludes to, I guess I need to compare 10.2sec accel with the 9.2sec accel listed for the 8 yr old S-Max that this is replacing - so on the face of it not far off what the far better half is used to as the primary driver. Still difficult to judge without a test drive tho, as it's more about the occasional mid range sprint for me to avoid the crazy Belgians on the Brussels ring. btw qualified to state it as I married one, but she is a truly excellent driver, no really. Still crazy. But a good driver. Spade - hole duly dug.

I've bagged a D5 (225) AWD at least for this coming weekend for a thorough work out with normal Dad duties and the full clan onboard.

p.s I understand that FWD models are expected in UK late 2016, so I would suppose the D4 FWD available in the Belgian market Q1 2016 will come your way soon. I would expect the media here would have made comparisons by then likely ahead of UK getting a sniff (I'll keep a look out in Belgian/French mags and post translations here for others if/when released).

Thanks all - very helpful.
Rossmck is offline   Reply With Quote