Thread: Engine: D5244: - Replacing thermostat D5 163hp tips
View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 19:00   #10
R-P
Master Member

There's a bunch of different country flags at the bottom of the main page. The link in the last sentence links to the housing gasket, just to check if the price was about the same. (5.65£ at the time of writing this vs 6.46euro, sounds about right).

I just ordered them, apparantly I had ordered from them before, they might be the company that I still have to return the very poor fitting van Wesel condensor* to. I ordered a Hella this time, even though they say there are two that fit my car (one with VIN number below 350000 and one for above 500000. It will come as no surprise that my VIN is ~400000 )

And I ordered a gasketkit for my turbo, so I can finally take that off to see if that thing is the reason I have been driving a sluggish car for a decade

* Van Wesel condensor: angle on dryer is wrong so solid tubes need bending before they will fit..., parts of it press into the intercooler, mountinghole is smaller than the tube coming from the AC-compressor, etc.

Last edited by R-P; Mar 5th, 2018 at 19:07.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R-P For This Useful Post: