Thread: Amazon: - Wiring
View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 23:29   #1
222s
Amazoniste

Default Wiring

Following on from this thread, I've been wiring in a switch to cut the reverse lights as the gearbox switch is stuck on.

I chose an illuminated one as then I wouldn't forget to turn them off. The switch has three terminals, which I wired as follows:

'Ground' - just as an earth (for the toggle switch light)

'Acc' - to the gearbox switch

'Power' - from the relay

The lights switch on & off, but with the ground wired in, the light on the switch works but the 16 / 17A fuse keeps blowing. I've run out of the correct ones (currently on an 8A one) so have unplugged that for the time being.

Have I wired this switch wired correctly? with just the 8A, the relay etc all works fine when the new switch is operated but haven't tried with the illuminated part as I don't have any more fuses!

Also, the headlight flasher & interior light have both stopped working completely. The interior light was fine earlier today, and although the headlight flasher has been tempermental, until now I've always heard the relay click.

Are these connected? Shared fuse perhaps? The card info piece inside the fusebox is missing so I don't know which fuse runs what.

Oh, and today I also replaced the map light (new pull switch as the old one was jammed solid, but it won't work. The bulb is fine as I've tested it elsewhere.

Any help sorting these out would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote