View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 08:23   #43
MidnightT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshirebob View Post
I’ve only tried 2 boxes in the past. both caused issues after a few thousand miles and one rinsed through fuel at an alarming rate. They’ve always been the easier/cheaper option to a remap - not at the prices they are charging now though!!

I’d never heard of SA Tuning until a week or so ago when a another tuning company Rabbid/the tuning society posted the anti-tuning box video. It has now gone viral (in the world of car tuning at least).

I don’t care where my remap comes from, handy that these guys offer a device to load/remove it yourself. They are only re-sellers for this other company DImsport, again who I’d never heard of. After a bit of investigation it seems every single remapping company on earth uses either hardware or software made by them.

I don’t know that much technically about it all but every forum on every car ever made has a tuning box thread where they are eventually exposed as junk.

Yes you can sell the box on eBay when you change your car but the mapping tool is yours for life. Buy a new car and (currently) its £110.00 for a new map.

All of this is a crock of sh*t though cause the poxy thing can’t do my car (for the time being at least)!!

Yes - I’m still very gutted. ;-)
So the ECU is basically locked then?

I would ave the same issue. Unlucky that it didn't work as did look a good option instead of getting bummed by Polestar for a gearbox tweak