View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2024, 15:20   #5
scbamber

My similar problem showed up yesterday too... But unlike the OP I have only seen the message twice in 6 months. It certainly doesn't keep showing every day, and seems to clear itself. This thread now has 3 users with a 2014 car!! Mmmm.

MY2015 D4 V60 owned since new in Dec 2014, averaging 700 miles/month. Twice in six months the warning ‘Alarm system service required’ has displayed on starting the car for the first time in 3-4 days, but did not reappear at the next engine start an hour later after a 30-mile drive.

Knowing from this Forum that the electrics on these VEA models can throw up strange warnings if the charge on the main battery is even a little low, I replaced the 8-year-old original main battery with a decent Varta one 15 months ago as preventive action before the winter. I have usually charged the battery overnight every 3-4 weeks in the winter, not least as I normally have the heated seats and aircon on all the time in the colder months.

I am not concerned that the siren/alarm battery might be on its way out as I probably wouldn’t bother to get it or the siren unit replaced. The alternator voltage is fine, and no other warnings come up for any other glitches. Could it be a parasitic drain somewhere draining the main battery a little over a few days of not using the car, but just enough to trigger the warning? Or does the Panel have any other thoughts?

Last edited by scbamber; Mar 28th, 2024 at 15:23.
scbamber is offline   Reply With Quote