View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2020, 16:49   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish brick View Post
I’ll have a look at the back of the switch. The one in my car is the older switch to the one in your pic.

I just found this on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-740...wAAOxy9eVRLTy0

Much of that does look similar to what’s in my car though. But, the vacuum hose is completely different. Mine is a rubber hose about an inch long that joins a T piece into another big rubber hose that runs along the bulkhead. I can’t see any of the electrical bits and bobs though, so I reckon someone had a go then ran out of interest/skill and didn’t fit much of the electrical stuff.

I don’t particularly plan on ever using the cruise though...
The switch in your car isn't older necessarily, you have a 740 don't you? Mine is a 760. The actual switch parts are the same inside the column cowl but the stalks are different.

None of that lot on fleabay USA will work for yours, it's all for the B230F/FT, both of which have Bosch LH-Jetronic EFi, not mechanical continuous (Kontinuerlich i think is the German word for continual/continuous, hence "K"-Jetronic for yours) injection.
It would explain why Andrew said he was having trouble finding the K-Jet bits for his!

Probably someone managed to find those bits and fitted them to yours hoping they could find the other bits needed and failed.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: