View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2020, 17:15   #15
swedish brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
The switch in your car isn't older necessarily, you have a 740 don't you? Mine is a 760. The actual switch parts are the same inside the column cowl but the stalks are different.

None of that lot on fleabay USA will work for yours, it's all for the B230F/FT, both of which have Bosch LH-Jetronic EFi, not mechanical continuous (Kontinuerlich i think is the German word for continual/continuous, hence "K"-Jetronic for yours) injection.
It would explain why Andrew said he was having trouble finding the K-Jet bits for his!

Probably someone managed to find those bits and fitted them to yours hoping they could find the other bits needed and failed.
Yeah, that would make sense. I don’t think there could have been many K-jet cars with the cruise control? It would explain why it’s only half done in mine.
It’s never worked since I’ve had the car, and if the bits are almost non existent now it’s likely never worked.

I’m yet to see it fitted on another K-jet car though??
My old K-jet saloon (also a 740, 1987my) had air con, which I gather isn’t very common on 4 cylinder models either in the U.K.
1974 Ford Capri 1.6L
1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham 429 V8
swedish brick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swedish brick For This Useful Post: