View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2023, 16:56   #10
Chris1Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
What ATF was used in the XC70? Worth finding out as it may be too thin for the AW box i suspect is in there. You may have to change your own ATF in it to fix the TC problem.
That was a thought that had occurred to me. I did put a bottle of lubeguard platinum in to see, but no change.
I do have 16litres of JWS3309 from when I was attempting repeated changes, the interval between which got shorter and shorter before it played up again.
I need to be careful that they don't think I have 'tampered' with it at all - all the bolts including the drain are painted over in silver at the moment- so as to keep the warranty, but TBH at this point it's got so stressful that Mrs1roll would be happy to just walk away from it. Latest was they said the viscous coupling was causing it. That night I took the prop off and now we have a 2wd car with a shuddering TC .
Bizarrely I have driven it for a week in manual mode and it's been fine. My wife went 10 miles in D and it shuddered quite a few times.

By contrast we're not remotely stressed about the 700 on the basis that it's pleasant to work on and I know I can fix it!
Chris1Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris1Roll For This Useful Post: