View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 13:33   #2
Roderick Plinge

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkertruck View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm selling my Volvo S70 after 3 years of ownership as I now need the space.

It's finished in Coral Red with beige interior and has full service history since 1997. I know by posting it on here it would go to a good loving home which is exactly what it deserves.

I've attached a link with pictures at the bottom of the post, will be adding pictures of the interior once I take them.

As you can see the bodywork is in really nice condition for the age, no major dents or scratches. The front bumper is from an XC70 fitted by the previous owner I believe and has unfortunately got some scuffs on it. Lacquer peel has also begun on the spoiler. There is a little rust that's started above the windscreen on the passenger side.

In terms of interior, there is usual wear to the steering wheel, the driver's seat has a tear in the seat bottom, but other than that all is in great condition overall.

Tow bar on the rear, 200,900 miles currently (may go up while it's listed just while I give it a run occasionally).

Has 11 months remaining MOT (expires 15th Feb 2025) and no advisories on its last MOT.

Comes with two folders full of service history since new, 3 keys.

Currently have it listed on a couple of sites at £1995, open to offers and viewings are welcome!

Pics: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av_dxhswrmnXsXV9...vAbZO?e=72F3RN

Thanks

No offence meant, however, despite the substantial documented history with this car it would appear from the MoT history that many of the advisories have been ignored year after year, including some, for example the offside front cv boot that is described as “severely deteriorated” in 2019, 2020 and 2021 that are simple and cheap to address but if not addressed could lead to more serious issues. Also an oil leak and other issues that have never been addressed. I almost bought a Mercedes 190 with an absolutely impeccable service history, however, when I viewed the car the rocker gasket (a ten minute fix) had been leaking for literally years and the entire engine was soaked in oil. This makes you question the validity of the service history and on that occasion the owner seemed less than pleased that I walked away.
Roderick Plinge is offline   Reply With Quote