View Single Post
Old Mar 18th, 2024, 15:27   #1
Andymharrison

Default Recommendation for wheel alignment centre

Our XC70 is coming up for its MOT next month and I knew it was in need of 2 tyres. Still legal, or so I thought, but pretty much finished in terms of tread and dated 2016, getting old as well so decided to get them done before MOT.

I'm glad I did as when the drivers side front was removed there was a band on the very inside edge of the tyre that was smooth and definitely not legal. Lesson learned there, from the kerb the whole tread looked fine, but at full lock the worn edge was visible.

The car also has a gentle drift towards the kerb at low speed, nothing significant but noticeable when you haven't driven that car for a while.

So it looks like I need to take it for an alignment, can anyone recommend somewhere in the Burton On Trent / Derby area?

The mobile tyre fitters comment was to make sure it was the Hunter system as you get a printout of the state of the car as in his experience there are a lot of cowboys out there.

There is a Kwik Fit just round the corner but I'm not sure I can bring myself to take it there!