Thread: Amazon: - Exhaust options?
View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2019, 10:33   #5
woodman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
Andy;

That rattle emanating from a relatively new silencer is a real bother...perhaps when you replace it, you can cut it open, show the problem to supplier (and hopefully the receipt to show that it's not so old), and claim warrantee on it...

...as far as replacement, I have to agree with dingo...changing to a SS Exh Sys changes it from a wear-out and replaceable item, to a permanent part of the car...and at this point, when the car has been kept alive so long, and is going to be kept even longer, that certainly makes sense to me (and also justifies the high initial cost). Replacement should be made in 2" ID size...it's tight, but less restrictive (don't forget front silencer double top heat-shield, unless you want to cook your passenger's legs).

Cheers

PS; Dingo; We love our Volvo oldies, but here's nothing wrong with a TT! I also loved the wife's 2001 225HP!...its handling put a permanent smile on my face which could only be removed by surgery!
Thanks Ron, very helpful. It's me that has the Audi TT 225, not Dingo! Well, my wife really, and she loves it. I have to admit I don't get that much fun out of driving it (not sure why, really, I think I'm not keen on the gear ratios) but the build quality is great - it's 17 years old, just gone round the clock, virtually nothing wrong with it.

2002 Audi TT quattro. (Sorry!)
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote