View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 21:39   #11
Dog_Book
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertfinch View Post
But that's because you have established a rapport with your main dealer and this takes time and a few orders.

My request for 'what is your best price' on parts over the phone was met with - 'that is what they cost' and I paid full whack. Whereas after a face to face exchange I would feel more confident to return and try better haggling. Some dealers are better than others at this (from my experience of Peugeot 205 gtis).

So talk to your local dealer first and see what can be done, if they turn out to be unmoveable, then shop about!
like ive said before call FRF Volvo and get the C3 discount. Were not all n00bs on here you know some of us even designed jet engine parts and used to race and make parts for motorbikes. I for one like ive said have been stung by the oh ill get non oem parts as there bound to be ok syndrome and like ive said my wallet will tell the tales of having to replace parts very early than you may expect. Of course i don't buy Volvo oil that would be educatedly stupid as high spec oil is oil whoever makes it. But why replace a part twice at a cost of £35 adding the labour cost twice to when you can buy genuine for £45 and only do it once? Well at least for the next 12 years like the last part lasted :P

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog_Book For This Useful Post: