View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 16:38   #27
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post

Just feels a bit soul-less... Almost like it's too reliable and too easy to drive.

I feel like the only reason I'm keeping hold of my S40, is because its reliable.

Quite torn here on whether to move on...
Wow, I had to actually read your post twice as I thought I missed out on translation, then had to check the date of post (in case it was posted in 2008 when car was 1 year old from new) and then I concluded we must be talking about different cars
jokes aside, I wouldnt call my car unreliable either, althought after 60k miles / 3 years done I cant call in flawless ether. Easy to drive - yes, fun to drive - YES, reliable - mostly yes.
But soul-less ? NEVER. It feels to me like my car has its own personality with its own fuffs/tantrums and good/bad days :} I grown to love it so much (after first 3 months of "yea, I think I will sell it...) and really dread the fact that with years passing by its less and less life left in it and one day it will just not be justified to keep it under life support.
I still smirk when accelerating, when hearing 5pot growl and when I see people looking oddly on hissing and growling Volvo estate. I also love the fact that I am doing my daily comute of 60 miles both ways in comfortable car that doesnt want to shake me to death but can also go like a rocket when needed to, and on other times like just yesterday can easily carry 180cm flatload in the back without even considering "will it fit?"
Plus, being AWD+manual+Sport SE, knowing its one of its kind in my country and one of the very very few in nearby UK makes my PrideOfOwnership go to the roof.
So as for myself - no, I didnt get bored of it and still cherish it every day as much as I have for past years. It hurts to pay so much for road tax and some other surprises that happens but hey, what can I do? Put my back-end in hybrid Auris?
oh and to be clear - I am 100% sure cars like mentioned 595 (that I seriously adore) or any other have-fun-period cars like MX5 or Cayman or any other things will provede 10x more fun and pleasure in driving because are different breed and made with other purpose. But not being able to have 2 cars and needing nice dailydriver to comute with smile on my face, Ill take my T5 any time