Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - V50 fuel consumption and tank size!
View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 19:09   #29
Clan
Experienced Member

[QUOTE=Northview;312775] but Volvo claim that it should return 48 mpg (combined), and frankly it doesn't come close.

well this one does, It healthily exceeds volvo's claim i got 54 mpg and it has settled at that figure now not going up or down .

I've said it before, but my previous car - an Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport - averaged 50 mpg on my daily commute, day in, day out, no matter how hard I drove it.

Im my experience with any diesel you start driving it hard and you are on par with the equivalent petrol powered engine re fuel consumption . Once the foot goes down it consumes a lot more fuel for obvious reasons . To put it another way if you DIDN'T drive it hard you should approach the figures i am getting. Why do you have a diesel in preference to a petrol anyway is it the economy ? If so you do need to drive it with economy in mind . How often do you exceed 2000 rpm ?

The S40 2.0 D SE ('06) averages about 41 mpg on the exact same route.

thats with quite a bit of hard accellerating i would guess

Today I had to divert from my journey to work, to take the car into my local dealership because the external temperature sensor reckoned it was -40 degrees! Actually it was about 14 or 15. As a result, the climate control had the heat on full blast at any setting other than 'Lo' (when it's on continuous maximum cooling). The dealership can't look at it until next Tuesday, and can't lend me a replacement car.

I think you will find there is a connector problem in the left door connector, they will know about this .

QUOTE]