View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 11:41   #35
Foringo

My car had the oil service warning come up a couple of weeks ago and it's booked in for Tuesday, apparently to have software upgraded and oil drained.

My concerns are:

(1) If this is such a widespread problem which it appears to be, why doesn't Volvo issue a technical recall and also carry out a preemptive modification? The very least they could do is to send out an advisory letter to XC60 customers!

(2) Why doesn't the oil service warning message display come up automatically rather than having to check it manually?

(3) My Dealer said that will drain the excess from the sump...this will of course leave contaminated oil which according to them will do no damage....well they would say that wouldn't they? They will have no idea of how much diesel will be left in the remaining oil and are obviously not doing an oil change as a matter of policy to save money. If the engines fail at a latter date as a result it will generate even more business for them. Diesel may have lubricating properties but it's the sophisticated oil that we should be relying on to protect our engines. If I asked the Dealer to dilute my sump oil with diesel as a matter of course I'm sure I know what the answer would be and would be given an graphic idea of the consequences.
Foringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Foringo For This Useful Post: