View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 14:02   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Upselling winds me up.

Year 3 service and first MoT of my last XC60 I received a call, 'Our tech has noticed your brake pads and discs are wearing would you like us to change them all whilst we have it up on the ramp' quotes something like £550. I ask, has it failed it's MoT he says no it's not even an advisory as needs to be 'x'mm before it's shows up as an advisory and the depth is some mm above advisory level. His response, we like to recommend you change the discs and pads at around 'x'mm before they get to advisory stage.

I said no!

Fast forward 1 year it passes it's year 4 and second MoT on the same (original discs and pads) still no advisory.

How many people I wonder fall foul of upselling and shelling out needless money?

The car was returned that same week on the origianal discs and pads and rear tyres having covered 36,000 in 4 years.
Did you know they are supposed to show you or send you a video of any faults they find on the visit ? The technician walks around the car pointing out anything and giving a reason , you get it straight from the horses mouth then with no interpretation needed ...