View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 23:04   #1
Millie20

Default V70 d5 euro 4 intake manifold oil leak

Esteemed members,

I bought my v70 from a former forum member last year. It has given me no problems in the 4 months and 5,000 miles I've had it. As it has just ticked over 150,000 miles, I'm in the process of getting it to stage 0.

It was sold with a disclosed small oil leak / seepage near the swirl arm. I keep a close eye on oil levels, and hasn't seemed to be an issue.

This weekend, while doing a ATF refresh on the TF80sc (now silky smooth), I noticed a stain on the top of the splash guard, so whilst the leak wasn't really troubling me before, it's now moved up on my priority list. I also noticed that the seepage seems to be right across the intake manifold now, with a good amount on the right hand side as well.

Some pictures for reference:

[IMG]
[/IMG]

In the advert for the car, which is no longer available the seller mentioned it had the swirl arm mod. I can't find any info on this, so if anyone is enlightened as to what this is, please share. I only mention it because if the manifold has been off before, I wonder if the gasket wasn't seated properly.

I intend to replace the intake manifold gasket pn: 30713459 (Thanks vida), but am wondering if while I'm in there I'll need to replace the swirl flaps. Should I have a set to hand, just in case? Any thoughts on this?

Further, I'm a keen yet inexperienced diy mechanic. I'm more experienced with motorcycles than cars, but willing to have a go. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of before starting? Anything else I can do whilst in the neighbourhood?

I'd previously cleaned out the egr pipe, I'm expecting the inside of the intake manifold to be pretty nasty, so it will be getting a good clean. I figure while I've got everything dismantled, I'd remove the egr mixer and give it a good clean as well.

Any guidance and or thoughts would be very much welcomed and appreciated.
Millie20 is offline   Reply With Quote