View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 22:10   #11
sug77

Hi Folks

Well I did the Test drive. On the Saturday what I thought was the Geartronic version of the Drive was in fact the D5 AWD. This was very horrible to drive. It felt uneasy at speeds above 60mph. I was only comfortable with this car at speeds of about 50mph or less. This put me off the X60 and I started to look eslewhere. Has anyone else experienced this with the D5 AWD?

But I had already booked in a test drive of the Manual Drive for the Sunday. So I did this expecting the same bad performance. Now the car this time was the actual Drive version of the car. And the drive was very good. I was able to cruise smoothly at 70mph. It did not seem that the engine had to put a lot of effort in it. I was impressed with this engine. So this is number one in my list. (I think I prefer the manual - as I like the feeling of being in control).

In one of my X60 there was the sat nav and I tried it. Well it has the WORST user interface that I have tried. No touch screen and control with the streeing wheel was difficult at best. Even after this I could not follow the map that was shown. So this option is off my list, and I will just go for Bluetooth. This is a shame as I would have loved a good integrated sat nav system. Let's hope volvo or some good aftermarket retro-fitters produce something more sensible. I have seen some message about an integrated Garmin solution with a touch screen. Please can someone bring that to the UK.

Also Guys I am now deciding between between the SE and SE LUX (my partner is now thinking about leather rather a straight NO). So I am just costing things to see which is of more value. I have seen SE LUX trim on the demo cars but not the SE trim. I noted on the SE trim we do not get Chrome Mannequin on Centre Console (What is this?) and we do not get Chronograph Intrument dials (again What is this?). How do these look on SE trim.

Regards
Suhg
sug77 is offline   Reply With Quote