View Single Post
Old Feb 27th, 2016, 14:40   #24
bburnrover

Default AD Blue

Ad Blue or DEF as its called is used to squirt in the Filter and reduces carbon emissions,the tank in my Mazda CX7 is in the rear and holds around 5 gallons of Ad Blue.ut
The dealer is known in some ares to charge up to £200 for a fill up I buy a big container for £20 on ebay and fill it up myself.
The first time we became aware of having AD Blue in our car was when we were in France and the car's computer said we had 500 miles left before the car would shut down! We carried on along the French highways and could not find a garage that sold it so we decided that as Ad Blue was made of Urea that if I drink lots of water and pee in the tank that should work and believe it or not it did.We carried on another 60 kilometres and found a Shell garage with loads of Ad Blue in big plastic containers so we bought one and filled the tank up with it.

The DPF light comes on when the filter is clogged up on most diesels and to replace the filter costs a fortune but there are garages which delete the filter off the ECU and disconnect and clean the filter so it can be input on the car again without losing its use.
bburnrover is offline   Reply With Quote