View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 01:12   #16
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenp8257 View Post
I've been really tempted to bite the bullet on getting the Polestar upgrade (MY17 S90 D4 R-Design) however, my fears on insurance have swayed me against this....

I may be lucky on insurance this year, but next year? What if an insurance company refuses to insure?

Yes, the upgrade may make the gear changes smoother, less delay etc but tbh its not that bad..... the stock D4 has enough oomph....

If only it was a simple (permanent) "within 5% power uograde therefore no change....."
When I was discussing this with Direct Line, their view at that time (12 months ago) was that as Polestar is available as a standard option on a factory order car, then it is not classed as an upgrade, it is simply classed as an option, the same way the 360 camera is, or the HK or B&W system.

I would suggest discussing it in this way with your insurer. Simply a factory option being added after the event.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonlanders For This Useful Post: